Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bag, Top and Dress


I haven’t done much sewing this past week. I’ve bought some new patterns (I can’t seem to help myself) and some on-sale fabric for my not so little one to start practicing on. She made a very nice handbag, something I never even thought of doing, much less trying. It was made from some vinyl I bought from Wal-Mart some time ago to re-cover my dining room chairs, a small piece of black and white silky rayon, and the red and white stripe is upholstery fabric from my stash. We figured it was heavy enough to help “firm up” the rayon part. It came out very nice for her first time out. Next she wants to make a shirt. We’ll see how that goes…

Not bad for her first time out


The lining matched up perfectly, but I think we would
have to work on hiding the seams

The zippered pocket installation was impressive, I don't 
think I would be able to do that in one try

The handles were purchased at Joann's Fabric. 
Nice, right?


As for me, I tried something I saw in Pinterest and it came out very nice. I got all kinds of compliments when I wore it. I think I will do a couple more, maybe some with long sleeve tees so I can wear them in cooler weather.

The up-cycled tee and tie.

The tie and the gold and pearl button were thrifted (thank
you Goodwill). The next time I will stabilize the 
neckling before adding the tie so it sits better.


The maxi dress was very easy to put together, the second and third time I did it. As with anything, the more you do it, the easier to gets. This was McCall’s 6559...


The stripes started out matching pretty good...

then this. I don't know what happened, the further down I
sewed, the more out of whack they got.

And my famously easy neckline (and sleeve facing) for 
knit fabric. Love it.



This was just a quick post… busy, busy wk-end. My baby is turning 18. It’s so hard to believe sometimes, it seems like just yesterday she was a toddler standing by my bed, holding my eyelashes to pull my eye open asking “mommy, you wake up? You wake up mommy”….


Thanks for tuning in, come again
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment