Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Monday all

The patterns were delivered on Saturday, and I must say I'm loving the idea of on-line pattern shopping. Going to JoAnn's for their pattern sale is usually nice, but I was disappointed the last few times, with the patterns not being in the drawer and them not have a Vogue book at all. The $15 membership fee for ClubBMV was well worth it for me, although you don't need to be a member to shop on there site, and like I mentioned before, the 15% savings paid for a good portion of the shipping cost. This is what I ordered:



I can't wait to make the B5469 with a nice summer weight fabric. Of course I'll have to learn how to do lining first. I can see this project taking me about a week or so, including taking apart and putting back together again. Maybe I'll just plan on wearing it next summer, lol.





M5329 will make another nice summer jacket that could be worn into fall. We'll have to wait and see how long it takes for me to build up my skills.




A nice through back style for summer









Mimi G and Erica B (another great sewer that Mimi mentioned on her blog that I now follow) made this Donna Karan top. The style seems simple, it is made from one piece of fabric, but in cutting the pattern out (a tedious task I do with all my patterns) it looked really complicated. The style is nice, but I will probably be putting that one off. Yes, I'm intimidated. And I'm not afraid to say it...lol.

So back I go to the cutting out of the patterns. Have a wonderful night and thanks for tuning in,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment